Garlic Bread Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Garlic Bread" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, (5ml)
- 1 loaf French bread, (454g, 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, (120ml) store bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Set oven rack to center position. Preheat to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Peel white papery skin off the head of garlic, making sure to keep the cloves intact with the root.
- Cut about 1/4-inch off the top of the head of garlic. If any cloves on the sides don’t get cut then carefully use a knife slice off the top.
- Place garlic in the center of a piece of foil large enough to completely wrap. Drizzle olive oil over and tightly wrap.
- Roast until garlic is fragrant, lightly browned in color, and tender when pierced with a fork, 40 to 60 minutes. Check garlic at 40 minutes, then every 10 minutes for doneness.
- When roasted garlic has cooled slightly, remove the cloves and transfer to a small bowl.
- Lower oven temperature to 325ºF (163ºC).
- Slice bread in half lengthwise. Place on a baking tray topped with a wire rack.
- Combine roasted garlic cloves, mayonnaise, and 2 tablespoons of sliced green onions in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash and mix the ingredients into a smooth spread.
- Spread equal amounts of softened butter over the sliced bread.
- Spread equal amounts of garlic mixture over each half of bread.
- Sprinkle additional green onions on top.
- Bake until bread is crispy, the topping is set and lightly golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- For extra crunch, broil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot.
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 173mg 7%
Potassium 39mg 1%
Carbohydrates 14g 5%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 95IU 2%
Vitamin C 0.6mg 1%
Calcium 15mg 2%
Iron 1mg 6%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Garlic Bread