Best Garlic Bread? Are you wondering how to prepare Garlic Bread? Which Garlic Bread recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Garlic Bread.
Garlic Bread Recipe Info
Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, (5ml)
- 1 loaf French bread, (454g, 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, (120ml) store bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Set oven rack to center position. Preheat to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Peel white papery skin off the head of garlic, making sure to keep the cloves intact with the root.
- Cut about 1/4-inch off the top of the head of garlic. If any cloves on the sides don’t get cut then carefully use a knife slice off the top.
- Place garlic in the center of a piece of foil large enough to completely wrap. Drizzle olive oil over and tightly wrap.
- Roast until garlic is fragrant, lightly browned in color, and tender when pierced with a fork, 40 to 60 minutes. Check garlic at 40 minutes, then every 10 minutes for doneness.
- When roasted garlic has cooled slightly, remove the cloves and transfer to a small bowl.
- Lower oven temperature to 325ºF (163ºC).
- Slice bread in half lengthwise. Place on a baking tray topped with a wire rack.
- Combine roasted garlic cloves, mayonnaise, and 2 tablespoons of sliced green onions in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash and mix the ingredients into a smooth spread.
- Spread equal amounts of softened butter over the sliced bread.
- Spread equal amounts of garlic mixture over each half of bread.
- Sprinkle additional green onions on top.
- Bake until bread is crispy, the topping is set and lightly golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- For extra crunch, broil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot.
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 173mg 7%
Potassium 39mg 1%
Carbohydrates 14g 5%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 95IU 2%
Vitamin C 0.6mg 1%
Calcium 15mg 2%
Iron 1mg 6%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Garlic Bread