- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, ground
- 3 cups almonds, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, pure
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 pint frozen dessert, (So Delicious Dairy Free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease an 8 or 9-inch cast iron skillet or round cake pan with baking spray or oil.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoons of water. Stir and allow to sit for about 5 minutes, until thickened. Meanwhile, make the almond butter.
- In a blender or food processor, add in the 3 cups of sliced almonds and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Process for about 3 minutes on medium speed, scraping down the sides as needed until a smooth almond mixture is formed. This should yield just under 1 ½ cups of almond butter. Transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup, baking soda and flaxseed mixture. Mix for about 1 minute on medium speed, until combined. It will be a thick and sticky batter. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the greased skillet, use a spatula to evenly spread out the dough. Add extra chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 22 to 24 minutes, or until the surface is a light golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Cut cookie into slices and serve with frozen dessert, or enjoy right out of the pan topped with frozen dessert. Enjoy!
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Fat 35g 54%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g
Sodium 154mg 6%
Carbohydrates 28g 9%
Fiber 8g 32%
Sugar 15g 17%
Protein 14g 28%
Calcium 190mg 19%
Iron 3.4mg 19%