Best Huevos Rancheros? Are you wondering how to prepare Huevos Rancheros? Which Huevos Rancheros recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Huevos Rancheros.
Huevos Rancheros Recipe Info
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient tags: avocado cheddar chili powder coriander dried oregano egg Garlic ground cumin lime olive oil onion pickled jalapeno peppers red kidney beans tomato tortilla
Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 4 eggs
- 4 small flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- handful pickled jalapeño peppers, roughly chopped
- 30g cheddar, grated
- 1 avocado, peeled, de-stoned and diced
- 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges, to serve
- chopped coriander, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan. Add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until translucent, around 3-4 mins. Add the garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Stir in the beans, cumin, chili powder, oregano, some seasoning, and 100ml water. Cook for 5-7 mins, stirring occasionally, or until the beans have softened, then remove from the heat, mash and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Crack in the eggs, then reduce the heat to low and cook slowly until the whites are completely firm.
- To assemble, spread the beans onto the tortillas, add the tomatoes and jalapeños and sprinkle with cheese. Top with some avocado, a squeeze of lime juice and a fried egg, then scatter with coriander. Serve with the lime wedges on the side.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on BBC Good Food