Classic Coleslaw Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Classic Coleslaw" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 6 carrots
- 1 small white cabbage
- Large pinch golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 1 red apple cut into matchsticks (optional)
- 100 g cheddar, grated (optional)
- Coarsely grate the carrot and finely shred the cabbage (use a food processor with a grating/ slicing blade or do it by hand) and tip into a bowl. Season with salt, then add the sugar and vinegar and toss everything together. Leave for 20 mins for the vegetables to very lightly pickle.
- Stir through the mustard and mayonnaise and add any other bits you want to, then serve. Can be made a day ahead and chilled.
Nutrition: Per serving
- kcal: 178
- fat: 15g
- saturates: 1g
- carbs: 7g
- sugars: 6g
- fibre: 3g
- protein: 1g
- salt: 0.2g
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on BBC Good Food