Best Classic Coleslaw? Are you wondering how to prepare Classic Coleslaw? Which Classic Coleslaw recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Classic Coleslaw.
Classic Coleslaw Recipe Info
Classic Coleslaw Recipe
- 6 carrots
- 1 small white cabbage
- Large pinch golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 1 red apple cut into matchsticks (optional)
- 100 g cheddar, grated (optional)
- Coarsely grate the carrot and finely shred the cabbage (use a food processor with a grating/ slicing blade or do it by hand) and tip into a bowl. Season with salt, then add the sugar and vinegar and toss everything together. Leave for 20 mins for the vegetables to very lightly pickle.
- Stir through the mustard and mayonnaise and add any other bits you want to, then serve. Can be made a day ahead and chilled.
Nutrition: Per serving
- kcal: 178
- fat: 15g
- saturates: 1g
- carbs: 7g
- sugars: 6g
- fibre: 3g
- protein: 1g
- salt: 0.2g
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on BBC Good Food