Irish Spiced Beef Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Irish Spiced Beef" recipe we have found so far.
Irish Spiced Beef
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 fresh beef brisket
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 bay leaves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups stout or beef broth
- Optional: Rye bread, Swiss cheese slices and Dijon mustard
- Place beef in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; rub with brown sugar. Refrigerate, covered, 24 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, chopped onion, bay leaves and seasonings; rub over beef. Refrigerate, covered, 3 days, turning and rubbing salt mixture into beef once each day.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove and discard salt mixture. Place beef, onions, carrots, celery and stout in a roasting pan. Add water to come halfway up the brisket. Roast, covered, 4-4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Cool meat in cooking juices for 1 hour.
- Remove beef; discard vegetables and cooking juices. Transfer beef to a 13×9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with rye bread, cheese and mustard.
- 268 calories,
- 8g fat (3g saturated fat),
- 83mg cholesterol,
- 560mg sodium,
- 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber),
- 40g protein.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Irish Spiced Beef