Best Chef John's Irish Pork Stew Recipe? Are you wondering how to prepare Chef John's Irish Pork Stew? Which Chef John's Irish Pork Stew recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Chef John's Irish Pork Stew.
Chef John's Irish Pork Stew Recipe Info
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Chef John's Irish Pork Stew Recipe
- Season pork cubes with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot over high heat. Working in batches, cook and stir pork in hot oil until browned on all sides, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a bowl and reduce heat to medium.
- Melt butter in the pot. Cook and stir onion with a pinch of salt in hot butter until onion is softened and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes. Add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir flour into onion mixture; cook and stir until flour is completely incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add bay leaf and caraway seed; cook for 2 minutes more. Pour beer into onion mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Stir pork, chicken broth, carrots, and celery into beer mixture; bring to simmer. Stir 1/4 cup parsley and balsamic vinegar into stew, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until pork is fork-tender, about 2 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook uncovered until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Stir Brussels sprouts into stew and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide mashed potatoes between 6 bowls. Ladle stew over potatoes and top each with a pinch of parsley.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chef John's Irish Pork Stew