Mushroom, Beef and Pepper Pie Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Mushroom, Beef and Pepper Pie" recipe we have found so far.
Mushroom, Beef and Pepper Pie
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 each onion and carrot, finely chopped
- 200g small Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs English mustard
- 1/2 bunch thyme, leaves picked
- 2 tsp freshly cracked black peppercorns (we used Woolworths Macro)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Tomato sauce, to serve
- 200g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 330g plain flour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- For shortcrust pastry, place butter, flour and 1/2 tsp salt flakes in food processor and whiz until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add vinegar and 1/3 cup (80ml) iced water, and pulse until mixture forms a ball. Transfer to a lightly floured work surface, halve dough and press each portion into a flat disc. Enclose each disc in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make filling, heat 2 tbs oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and mushroom, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until starting to soften. Add garlic and mince, and cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 4 minutes or until browned. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until darkened slightly, then stir through flour.
- Add stock, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, thyme and pepper, and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and chill until completely cooled.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 20cm 1L (4-cup) pie dish.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out 1 pastry disc to a 3mm-thick round. Use to line prepared dish, leaving 4cm pastry overhanging. Fill with cooled beef mixture and brush pastry edges with egg. Roll out remaining disc to a 3mm-thick round and use to top pie, pressing pastry edges together firmly with lightly floured hands. Trim excess pastry, then crimp edges with a piping-bag nozzle. Make a cross in pastry and brush with egg.
- Place pie on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour or until golden. Serve with tomato sauce.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Mushroom, Beef and Pepper Pie