- 500g beef brisket, minced
- 125g speck, rind removed, minced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light soy sauce
- Sunflower oil, to brush
- 6 spring onions, dark green part thinly sliced, pale part halved lengthways
- 2 green capsicums, quartered lengthways
- 6 brioche burger buns, split, brushed with oil, sprinkled with black sesame seeds
- Kewpie mayonnaise and gochujang (Korean chilli paste), to serve
- 1/4 cup (55g) salt
- 1/3 Chinese cabbage (wombok), sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs dried chilli flakes
- Combine brisket, speck and 2 tbs soy. Form into 6 patties and flatten. Brush with remaining 2 tbs soy. Chill for 30 minutes.
- For the kimchi, combine salt, cabbage and 2 cups (500ml) hot water in a bowl. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes. Rinse and drain. Stir through sliced dark spring onion and remaining kimchi ingredients.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat and brush with oil. Cook capsicum and pale spring onion for 2-3 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside. Brush pan with a little oil. Cook patties for 2 minutes each side, then reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 3 minutes each side or until charred and cooked through.
- Spread bun bases with mayonnaise. Top with capsicum, patties, chilli paste, spring onion, kimchi and bun lids to serve.