Egyptian Rice Pudding Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Egyptian Rice Pudding" recipe we have found so far.
Egyptian Rice Pudding
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 cups (500ml) pure (thin) cream
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 4 eggs, plus two extra egg yolks
- 100g arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (75g) pistachios, toasted, chopped
- 700g rhubarb, stalks cut into 7cm pieces
- 1 tbs ginger, finely grated
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
1.Preheat oven to 160°C. Combine cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla pod and seeds in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Set aside for 15 minutes to infuse.
2. Grease a 2L (8-cup) ovenproof dish. Remove cinnamon and vanilla pod from milk mixture. Whisk in eggs and extra yolks, then stir through rice. Pour mixture into dish and place in a deep roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and stir. Return to oven, bake for 15 minutes, then remove and stir again. Bake for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked, then increase oven to 220°C. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside in waterbath for 15 minutes to rest.
3.Combine all rhubarb ingredients in an ovenproof dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender. Serve pudding topped with rhubarb, rhubarb juices and pistachio.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Delicious