Fish Tacos Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best " Fish Tacos" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Plain flour, to dust
- Sunflower oil, to deep-fry
- 800g firm, skinless white fish fillets (we used flathead), pin-boned, cut into 8cm pieces
- 12 white corn tortillas
- 300g white cabbage, shredded
- Coriander leaves, lime wedges and pickled jalapenos, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chilli (optional), finely chopped
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbs finely chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Pinch of ground cumin
SOUR CREAM SAUCE
- 200g sour cream
- 1/4 cup (70g) Greek yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of ground chilli
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- For the tomato salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- For the sour cream sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- For the batter, whisk eggs in a bowl until well combined, then fold in flour, bicarb and 2 cups (500ml) iced water (the batter should be a thin consistency – add a little extra water if necessary).
- To make the fish, place flour in a shallow bowl and season well with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Half-fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan with sunflower oil and heat to 200°C (a cube of bread will turn golden in 35 seconds when the oil is hot enough). In batches, dust fish in the seasoned flour, then dip into batter, allowing excess to drip off.
- Deep-fry coated fish, turning halfway, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Meanwhile, heat a frypan over high heat and warm tortillas for 1 minute each side or until heated through. Wrap hot tortillas loosely in a clean tea towel while you warm remaining tortillas.
- Fill each taco with some fried fish and shredded cabbage. Top with salsa, drizzle with sour cream sauce and sprinkle with coriander. Serve immediately with lime wedges and pickled jalapenos.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Fish Tacos