- 4 lb Heritage Farms Cheshire Pork center cut pork loin
- Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 5 slices provolone
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
For the parmesan crust:
- 6 tbsp fine grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
For the Gremolata:
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 clover garlic, minced
- Zest of two lemons
- Slice the pork loin into four equal chops, about 1 3/4” thick. On the side of the chop that is opposite the fat cap, make a 1” wide cut on the side of each chop. Insert the knife and slice a pocket for stuffing. Be careful not to cut all the way through the chop.
- Place the chops in a zip top bag and add the Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade. Massage to ensure the marinade covers all surfaces, including the pockets cut into the chops. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 425ºF, set up with a YS Cast Iron Griddle in place on the left side of the grill, over the fire box.
- Remove the chops from the marinade. Wipe off excess marinade.
- Lay out a slice of provolone cheese. Lay one slice prosciutto over the cheese, folded in half. Place a pinch of spinach leaves on the prosciutto. Fold the entire thing in half, wrapping the cheese and prosciutto around the spinach in the shape of a taco. Repeat with the remaining filling ingredients.
- Stuff the cheese/prosciutto/spinach bundle into the opening on the side of the pork chop. Repeat with the remaining chops.
- Combine the ingredients for the parmesan crust. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each side of each chop, distributing equally to cover the surface of the chop.
- Grease the hot griddle with Spray Duck Fat to prevent sticking. Sear the pork chops until browned and crispy. Flip and repeat. Turn the chops to sit upright (fat cap down, opening up). When the fat cap is seared, transfer to the cooking grate on the right side of the grill, still propped upright, and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 140ºF.
- While the pork chops are cooking, combine the ingredients for the gremolata and toss to mix.
- When the Parmesan Crusted Stuffed Pork Chops reaches 140ºF in the deepest part of the chop, remove from the grill and serve immediately, topped with a sprinkle of the gremolata.