- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 half-ears frozen corn on the cob, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle flour into oven bag; shake to coat. Add potatoes, carrots, corn, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon paprika. Shake bag to coat vegetables; place in a 13×9-in. baking pan.
- Place onion and rosemary sprigs in cavity of chicken. Rub skin with oil; sprinkle with minced rosemary and remaining salt, pepper and paprika. Skewer chicken openings; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken in center of bag, breast side up; place vegetables around chicken.
- Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close with tie provided. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Let stand in oven bag 15 minutes before carving. Discard onion and rosemary sprigs.
Test Kitchen Tips
- When corn is in season, use fresh!
- After roasting, carve your chicken like a pro to impress your guests.
1 serving: 711 calories, 37g fat (10g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 61g protein.