Roast Chicken with Vegetables Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Roast Chicken with Vegetables" recipe we have found so far.
Roast Chicken with Vegetables
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 half-ears frozen corn on the cob, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle flour into oven bag; shake to coat. Add potatoes, carrots, corn, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon paprika. Shake bag to coat vegetables; place in a 13×9-in. baking pan.
- Place onion and rosemary sprigs in cavity of chicken. Rub skin with oil; sprinkle with minced rosemary and remaining salt, pepper and paprika. Skewer chicken openings; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken in center of bag, breast side up; place vegetables around chicken.
- Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close with tie provided. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Let stand in oven bag 15 minutes before carving. Discard onion and rosemary sprigs.
Test Kitchen Tips
- When corn is in season, use fresh!
- After roasting, carve your chicken like a pro to impress your guests.
1 serving: 711 calories, 37g fat (10g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 61g protein.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Roast Chicken with Vegetables