Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Sweet and Sour Chicken" recipe we have found so far.
Sweet and Sour Chicken
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 large orange
- c. packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 6 clove garlic
- 1 large red onion
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- 1 can peach halves
- 1/2 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove 2 strips of zest from the orange. Thinly slice the zest. Juice the orange into a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker (you should get about 1/2 cup). Whisk in the sugar, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss the chicken with the flour, then add to the slow cooker along with the garlic and orange zest. Scatter the onion over the top. Cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened, 7 to 8 hours on low or 5 to 6 hours on high.
- Thirty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to package directions.
- When the rice is nearly finished cooking, transfer the chicken to plates or a platter. Add the peaches to the slow cooker and cook, covered, until heated through, about 3 minutes; fold in the parsley. Spoon the peach and onion mixture over the chicken and serve with the rice.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Countryliving