Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts with Poached Eggs Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts with Poached Eggs" recipe we have found so far.
Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts with Poached Eggs
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 12 ounces pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon finely minced habanero chile (optional)
- 1 small lemon, zested
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, minced
- Flaky sea salt, for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220˚C). Spread the pumpkin and potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
2. Peel the outer leaves of the sprouts until you get to the small, white inner leaves, trimming the sprout’s bottom to help release more leaves. Place the leaves on a baking sheet, reserving the centers of the sprouts for another use. Toss the leaves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the pumpkin and potatoes from the oven. Toss and return them to the oven along with the sprout leaves. Roast until the vegetables are golden and tender and the leaves are crispy, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. While the vegetables are finishing in the oven, fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Add the vinegar and bring it to a gentle simmer. You should see small bubbles around the bottom and edges of the pan, but do not let the water boil.
5. Crack an egg into a ramekin. Using a spoon, stir the water in circles to make a gentle whirlpool. Gently pour the egg into the water. Simmer for 2 minutes, undisturbed, then remove it with a slotted spoon to a paper towel–lined plate. Repeat with the remaining egg.
6. Toss the roasted vegetables together with the habanero, if using. Divide them between two plates and top each with a poached egg. Sprinkle with the lemon zest, parsley, and flaky sea salt.
- 387 calories
- 14g fat
- 55g carbs
- 19g protein
- 11g sugars
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on PureWow