- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pot and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pink, turning halfway through. Set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry paste and ginger. Cook 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in stock, coconut milk, and rice, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 10 minutes. Stir in fish sauce and brown sugar. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup in pot. Or carefully transfer soup in batches to a large food processor or blender, covering opening with a dish towel, and blend until pureed. Return soup to pot.
- Stir in green onions, cilantro, basil, and lime juice. Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls and top each bowl with 3 shrimp. Serve immediately.
Fat 10g (15%)
sat 4g (18%)
Carb 27g (9%)
Fiber 2g (1%)
Sugars 4g (added sugars 1g)
Sodium 570mg (29%)