- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (15 oz.) can coconut milk (I use full fat)
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil , roughly chopped
Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion and pepper until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add in the ginger, garlic, and curry powder and stir for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
Add the coconut milk, chickpeas, salt, and maple syrup, then give the mixture a stir. Bring the liquid to a boil, then lower the heat and cover the pot to let the flavors simmer together for about 15 minutes.
Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice and fresh basil. Stir until the basil is wilted, then adjust any seasoning to your taste. Serve warm, with rice or cooked quinoa.
Saturated Fat: 19g
Vitamin A: 1025IU
Vitamin C: 40mg