- Place all the raisins in a small bowl with the rum and let sit overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time; mix in applesauce.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cocoa. Gradually add flour into the batter, mixing until fully incorporated. Stir in the raisins, along with any rum that was not absorbed, and the walnuts. Turn batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 19 %
Cholesterol: 17 %
Sodium: 13 %
Potassium: 6 %
Total Carbohydrates: 15 %
Dietary Fiber: 12 %
Protein: 10 %