Cranberry Sauce Burnt Butter, Maple Syrup, Apple, Thyme and Spiced Rum Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Cranberry Sauce Burnt Butter, Maple Syrup, Apple, Thyme and Spiced Rum" recipe we have found so far.
Cranberry Sauce Burnt Butter, Maple Syrup, Apple, Thyme and Spiced Rum
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 eating apples
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 300g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 50ml quality spiced rum
- Peel and core the apples, then roughly chop and put aside. Melt the butter in a large pan on a medium heat until golden and bubbling.
- Stir in the maple syrup and when it’s just beginning to lightly caramelise, strip in the thyme leaves and add the apples, cranberries and spiced rum. Leave to cook and reduce with the lid on for around 15 minutes, or until the apples have softened and the sauce is nice and thick.
- Keep an eye on it and stir occasionally, adding a splash of water to loosen or removing the lid for the last few minutes to let it thicken up – it’s your responsibility to get it to the consistency of your liking.
- Have a taste – I like the balance between sweetness and acidity, as it really helps cut through the richness of the meat you’re serving it with, but add a touch more maple syrup, if you want to.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl, let it cool to room temperature, then cover and chill in the fridge, until needed.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cranberry Sauce Burnt Butter, Maple Syrup, Apple, Thyme and Spiced Rum