Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Oatmeal Raisin Cookies" recipe we have found so far.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (142g, 5 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, (4g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, (3g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (58g, 2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, (149g, 5 1/4 ounces) packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, (101g, 3 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, (120ml)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, (256g, 9 ounces)
- 3/4 cup raisins, (114g, 4 ounces)
Set the oven rack to the center position. Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC).
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda together in a small bowl.
Heat butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to evenly melt. Stir and cook, scraping the bottom of the pan with a spatula until butter is golden brown and nutty in aroma, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer browned butter to a large bowl, making sure to scrape all of the bits from the pan. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg into the butter.
Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and oil to the browned butter. Whisk together until combined.
Whisk in eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth.
Use a spatula to fold in the flour mixture until combined, 1 minute.
Stir in oats and raisins until combined, the dough will be stiff in texture.
Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon (2 ounces or 60 gram) sized portions. Roll into a ball and place 2-inches apart on the baking sheet, 8 cookies per pan.
Use the bottom of a large measuring cup to press each dough ball into 2 1/2-inch wide cookies. Re-form edges into a circle if needed.
Bake one cookie sheet at a time. The edges should be set, lightly browned on the surface, and the centers are soft but not wet about 8 to 10 minutes. Rotate the cookie sheet halfway through baking.
Cool cookies for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Let cool completely before serving.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Oatmeal Raisin Cookies