- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (142g, 5 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, (4g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, (3g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (58g, 2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, (149g, 5 1/4 ounces) packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, (101g, 3 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, (120ml)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, (256g, 9 ounces)
- 3/4 cup raisins, (114g, 4 ounces)
Set the oven rack to the center position. Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC).
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda together in a small bowl.
Heat butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to evenly melt. Stir and cook, scraping the bottom of the pan with a spatula until butter is golden brown and nutty in aroma, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer browned butter to a large bowl, making sure to scrape all of the bits from the pan. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg into the butter.
Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and oil to the browned butter. Whisk together until combined.
Whisk in eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth.
Use a spatula to fold in the flour mixture until combined, 1 minute.
Stir in oats and raisins until combined, the dough will be stiff in texture.
Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon (2 ounces or 60 gram) sized portions. Roll into a ball and place 2-inches apart on the baking sheet, 8 cookies per pan.
Use the bottom of a large measuring cup to press each dough ball into 2 1/2-inch wide cookies. Re-form edges into a circle if needed.
Bake one cookie sheet at a time. The edges should be set, lightly browned on the surface, and the centers are soft but not wet about 8 to 10 minutes. Rotate the cookie sheet halfway through baking.
Cool cookies for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Let cool completely before serving.
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 154mg 6%
Potassium 137mg 4%
Carbohydrates 38g 13%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 16g 18%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 120IU 2%
Vitamin C 0.3mg 0%
Calcium 23mg 2%
Iron 1.4mg 8%