- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 2 tbs caster or demerara sugar
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 500g cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 300ml creme fraiche
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
SUMMER BERRY COMPOTE
- 225g fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 orange
- 350g fresh mixed summer berries (halved small strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Lightly grease a 20cm springform pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Crush biscuits into crumbs in a plastic bag or a food processor, then add to butter with caster or demerara sugar and mix well. Tip into cake pan, level out and press the base into an even layer with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar using electric beaters until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add cornflour, creme fraiche, zest and juice, then beat again.
- Pour filling over the base and bake in the centre of the oven for 50-60 minutes until just set, but still with a slight wobble in the centre. Leave to cool completely in the switched-off oven (for up to 3 hours).
- Meanwhile, for the compote, combine raspberries, sugar and zest in a bowl and crush with the back of a fork to puree. Push through a sieve into another bowl, then stir in the mixed berries. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, carefully remove cake from pan (you might need to run a roundbladed knife around the edge first) and transfer to a serving plate. Dust with a little icing sugar, cut into wedges and serve with the compote.