Battered Amritsari Fish Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Battered Amritsari Fish" recipe we have found so far.
Battered Amritsari Fish
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4cm piece ginger (20g), finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp sunflower oil, plus extra to deep-fry
- 800g skinless flathead fillets, pin-boned
- Pinch of chaat masala (from Indian grocers and Herbie’s Spices) and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1/2 bunch each mint and coriander leaves
- 2 long green chillies, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2/3 cup (100g) chickpea flour (besan)
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- 200ml sparkling water, chilled
- Combine ginger, garlic and oil in a bowl, then rub all over the fish to coat. Cover and chill for 15 minutes to marinate.
- For the green chutney, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- For the chickpea batter, combine the chickpea flour, cornflour and turmeric in a bowl. Season, then whisk in sparkling water until smooth (batter should be the consistency of thin cream).
- Half- fill a deep-fryer or large pan with sunflower oil and heat to 190°C (a cube of bread will turn golden in 30 seconds when oil is hot enough).
- Coat fish in the batter, then carefully add to the hot oil. Fry, turning halfway, for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle fish with chaat masala and serve immediately with lemon and chutney.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Battered Amritsari Fish