Battered Amritsari Fish Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Battered Amritsari Fish" recipe we have found so far.
Battered Amritsari Fish
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4cm piece ginger (20g), finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp sunflower oil, plus extra to deep-fry
- 800g skinless flathead fillets, pin-boned
- Pinch of chaat masala (from Indian grocers and Herbie’s Spices) and lemon wedges, to serve
- 1/2 bunch each mint and coriander leaves
- 2 long green chillies, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2/3 cup (100g) chickpea flour (besan)
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- 200ml sparkling water, chilled
- Combine ginger, garlic and oil in a bowl, then rub all over the fish to coat. Cover and chill for 15 minutes to marinate.
- For the green chutney, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- For the chickpea batter, combine the chickpea flour, cornflour and turmeric in a bowl. Season, then whisk in sparkling water until smooth (batter should be the consistency of thin cream).
- Half- fill a deep-fryer or large pan with sunflower oil and heat to 190°C (a cube of bread will turn golden in 30 seconds when oil is hot enough).
- Coat fish in the batter, then carefully add to the hot oil. Fry, turning halfway, for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle fish with chaat masala and serve immediately with lemon and chutney.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Battered Amritsari Fish