Fish and Cheat's Chips with Tarragon Mushy Peas Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Fish and Cheat's Chips with Tarragon Mushy Peas" recipe we have found so far.
Fish and Cheat's Chips with Tarragon Mushy Peas
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (210g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 skinless flounder fillets (order from your fishmonger), cut into 4cm-wide strips
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry Cress or micro herbs, to serve
- 1kg sebago potatoes, scrubbed (unpeeled), cut into 1cm-thick chips
- 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 25g unsalted butter
- 400g fresh peas (or frozen, thawed)
- 1 small bunch tarragon, leaves finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. For the chips, par-boil the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Drain, then set aside to cool and dry.
- Place chips on a baking tray and toss with rosemary, oil and a pinch of salt. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and add garlic, stirring to combine. Bake for a further 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, for mushy peas, melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add fresh peas and tarragon, and cook, covered, for 10 minutes (3 minutes for frozen) or until soft. Add lemon juice and season. Mash until mushy. Cover to keep warm.
- Place flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Season the crumbs with the chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Dust fish in flour, then dip in the egg, shaking off any excess, and finally coat with the breadcrumbs. Season, set aside and repeat with remaining fish.
- Heat 2cm oil in a large, deep frypan over medium heat (a cube of bread will turn golden in 30 seconds when the oil is hot enough). In batches, add the fish and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until just cooked and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve fish with the chips, mushy peas, extra lemon wedges and cress.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Fish and Cheat's Chips with Tarragon Mushy Peas