Pan-Roasted Prawns in Tomato, Basil and Feta Sauce Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Pan-Roasted Prawns in Tomato, Basil and Feta Sauce" recipe we have found so far.
Pan-Roasted Prawns in Tomato, Basil and Feta Sauce
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek (white part only), chopped
- 5 eschalots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1kg large green prawns, peeled (heads and tails intact), deveined
- 1/3 cup (80ml) ouzo
- 1/3 cup (95g) tomato paste
- 250g Greek feta, crumbled
- Basil leaves, chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves and crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a frypan with a lid over medium heat. Add the leek, eschalot and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until leek is soft.
Add prawns and cook, turning, for a further 1 minute or until starting to colour. Increase heat to high, then add ouzo and bring to the boil.
Combine the tomato paste with 1/3 cup (80ml) water in a small bowl, then add to the frypan. Cook, covered, for a further 2-3 minutes until reduced slightly. Top with feta and herbs, and serve with bread.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Pan-Roasted Prawns in Tomato, Basil and Feta Sauce