Beetroot Cured Salmon with Cucumber and Apple Salad Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Beetroot Cured Salmon with Cucumber and Apple Salad" recipe we have found so far.
Beetroot Cured Salmon with Cucumber and Apple Salad
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 250g cooked and peeled beetroot
- 175g coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3 tsp caraway seeds, crushed
- 3 tsp white peppercorns, crushed
- 1kg salmon fillet (skin on), pin-boned
- Lavosh and micro rocket, to serve
CUCUMBER AND APPLE SALAD
- 2 green apples, cut into batons
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp horseradish paste
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1/4 bunch dill, fronds picked
- To make the curing mixture, whiz the beetroot, salt, sugar, caraway seeds and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread half the curing mixture over the base of a glass or ceramic dish large enough to hold salmon. Add the salmon, skin-side down, and cover with remaining curing mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, then rest a smaller tray or chopping board on top of the salmon and weigh down with a few cans. Chill for 2 days to cure.
- For the salad, place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
- When ready to serve, remove salmon from dish, rinse under cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice salmon on an angle, using the knife to release salmon from the skin.
- Arrange salmon on a platter and serve with salad, lavosh and micro rocket.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Beetroot Cured Salmon with Cucumber and Apple Salad