Best Shrimp and Dill Fritters with Ouzo? Are you wondering how to prepare Shrimp and Dill Fritters with Ouzo? Which Shrimp and Dill Fritters with Ouzo recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Shrimp and Dill Fritters with Ouzo.
Shrimp and Dill Fritters with Ouzo Recipe Info
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 6
Ingredient tags: baking powder chopped dill onions shrimps
Shrimp and Dill Fritters with Ouzo Recipe
- 175g (6 oz) plain flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 300ml (101⁄2 fl oz) water
- 1tbs ouzo (or pastis)
- 300g (101⁄2 oz) whole raw Falmouth Bay shrimps or brown shrimps, or 175g (6 oz) raw peeled prawns cut into slices 5 mm (1⁄4 in) thick
- 2 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 1 tbs chopped dill
- Olive oil, for shallow-frying
- Into a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder; add the salt, then make a well in the centre and add the water and ouzo or pastis. Gradually incorporate the flour into the liquid to make a thick batter.
- Fold in the shrimps/prawns, spring onion and dill.
- Pour olive oil to a depth of about 5 mm (1⁄4 in) into a frying pan and place over a high heat.
- When hot, carefully add large spoonfuls of batter into the pan and spread out a little with the back of a spoon so they develop thin, crispy edges.
- Cook 2–3 at a time, turn over after 2 minutes and repeat until puffed up and golden on both sides.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Shrimp and Dill Fritters with Ouzo