- Prep time: 10 MINUTES
- Cook time: 1 HOUR
- Yield: 4 person
- 4 medium- large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of Cashew Cream Sauce (you could also use sour cream or plain greek yogurt if not vegan)
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, finely diced (about 1 cup diced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 an avocado, chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted into the flesh of the potatoes.
- Prepare the cream sauce by whisking together the cashew cream sauce, lime juice, and black pepper. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and then add in onion. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions begins to become translucent. Add in the spices stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the black beans to the skillet and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the black beans are fully heated through. About 5 minutes. Take off of heat and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done baking, let cool slightly. Once cool, cut the sweet potatoes open and shred the flesh from the skin so that the inside is mashed and easy to scoop out.
- Evenly spread the black bean mixture, avocado, cilantro, and cashew crema sauce on top of the 4 sweet potatoes.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!!
They’re VEGAN, gluten-free, easy to make, and SO so tasty!