- 1 ( 3 1/2-to-4 pound) whole chicken, spatchcocked (back removed and chicken flattened)
- 1/4 c. chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. lime zest plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 1/2 tsp.grated fresh ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 2 tsp. pure honey
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp.olive oil
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and halved
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine chili-garlic sauce, lime zest and juice, and ginger in a bowl. Transfer half the mixture to a second bowl (about 3 tablespoons) and stir in honey; set aside. Brush remaining mixture over chicken. Roast 20 minutes.
- Toss together potatoes, oil, and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter around chicken. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F, 18 to 20 minutes. Season asparagus with salt and add to pan. Roast until asparagus is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before carving.
- Serve vegetables and chicken garnished with cilantro and reserved sauce alongside.