Black Forest Pavlova Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Black Forest Pavlova" recipe we have found so far.
Black Forest Pavlova
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 250g icing sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp of cornflour
- 1 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
For the filling & topping:
- 750ml of cream, whipped
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp kirsch
- 500g jar of cherries in syrup (morello)
- 100g dark chocolate, thick shavings
- 75g hazelnuts, skinless, toasted, blitzed to a rough dust
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/300˚F/Gas Mark 2. Line two baking trays with baking parchment. Draw a large circle 20cm in diameter on each piece of parchment paper.
- Place the icing sugar and egg whites in a standing food mixer and whisk on high for 10 minutes until glossy white peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold in the cocoa powder, cornflour and the white wine vinegar. Divide the meringue mixture between the two baking trays and using a tablespoon, form two large meringue discs. Bake for 45 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar until quite firm, make sure not to over-whip it, then fold through the kirsch.
- Drain the cherries over a small sauce pan to reserve the cherry juice. Reduce over a medium heat until you are left with a thick, pourable mixture. Set aside to cool completely.
- To assemble the pavlova: place a layer on a cake stand and top with half the cream. Add the next layer of meringue and then top with the remaining cream. Decorate with the drained cherries, chocolate shavings, toasted hazelnuts and drizzle with the reduced cherry juice and serve straight away.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Black Forest Pavlova