Breakfast Burrito Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Breakfast Burrito" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup drained, rinsed canned black beans, preferably low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounce) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas (burrito size)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 large tomato, (4 ounces) seeded and diced
- 1 small avocado (4 ounces), cubed
- Hot sauce
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until onions are softened and peppers are slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Add black beans and red pepper flakes and cook until warmed through, another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a dish.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg whites then stir in the cheese. Spray the skillet withonion cooking spray, and reheat the skillet over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add eggs, scrambling until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon each sour cream and salsa, then layer with 1/4 of the black bean mixture, 1/4 of the scrambled eggs, some diced tomato and 1/4 of the avocado. Season, to taste, with hot sauce. Roll up burrito-style and serve.
- Excellent source of: Protein, Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C,
- Good source of: Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin K, Calcium, Iodine, Iron, Potassium, Selenium
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Breakfast Burrito