- 4 large free range eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced in half
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- A pinch of allepo pepper, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
For the vegetable fritters:
- 2 cups of grated vegetables (squash, courgette, sweet potato, carrot)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp chickpea flour
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp harissa spice blend
- Sunflower oil, for frying
For the grilled baby brocolli:
- 1 pack tenderstem/broccolini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the yoghurt:
- 1 small Yoghurt carton (Around 125 ml)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- For the eggs bring a small pot of water to the boil over a medium high heat. Lower the eggs in to the pot and set a timer for 7 minutes. Prepare a bowl with iced water. As soon as the eggs are cooked, carefully transfer them to the bowl of ice water to stop any further cooking. Once cooled, peel and slice in half.
- For the vegetable fritters, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until evenly combined. Place a large frying pan over a medium high heat and add 1-2 tbsp of oil. Add rounded tablespoons of the fritter mix to the pan and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Repeat with the remaining batter. Fry for 4 minutes either side or until golden brown. Repeat in batches until you use up all the batter. Drain the fritters on a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Toss the broccoli in olive oil and season generously with sea salt and ground black pepper and place on a grill tray. Place under a hot grill and cook for 3 minutes before turning with tongs and cooking for a further 3 minutes until charred and tender.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the yoghurt, season to taste, set aside.
- Assemble the breakfast bowl with all the prepared components and a good dollop of yoghurt, a sprinkle of aleppo pepper and a drizzle of some good quality extra virgin olive oil to serve.