Best Breakfast Casserole? Are you wondering how to prepare Breakfast Casserole? Which Breakfast Casserole recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Breakfast Casserole.
Breakfast Casserole Recipe Info
Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces spicy or sweet turkey sausage links, casings removed, meat crumbled
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 6 large eggs and 6 large egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups 1-percent milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 9-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 whole wheat baguette, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- Cooking spray
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and scallions and cook, stirring to break up any large chunks, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add the cooked sausage, spinach, cheeses and bread and toss to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the egg mixture evenly in the dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the casserole, uncovered, until set and lightly browned on top, about 30 minutes.
Make-Ahead Tip: Freeze the baked casserole for up to 2 weeks. Cover with foil and reheat at 350 degrees F until hot, 35 to 45 minutes.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Breakfast Casserole