- 1 lb (450 g) skinless boneless chicken breast (or thigh), cut into 2/3-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinkiang vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 green onions,
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted cashews
- Combine chicken, Shaoxing wine, salt, and cornstarch in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well so the chicken is evenly coated with a thin slurry.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Spread the chicken with minimal overlapping. Let cook until the bottom side is light golden, 1 minute or so. Turn to the other side and cook until lightly golden. Stir a few times until all surfaces turn white. Transfer the chicken to a big plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, ginger, and green onion. Stir a few times to release the fragrance.
- Add the peppers. Stir and cook until the peppers just turn tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir the sauce again to dissolve the cornstarch completely. Pour into the pan. Quickly stir a few times until the sauce thickens. Return the chicken to the skillet and mix again.
- Add the cashews, quickly give it a stir and immediately transfer everything to a plate.
- Serve hot over steamed rice as a main dish.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.2g| Protein: 28.6g | Fat: 18.7g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 598mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 1.4g | Sugar: 5.7g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Cuisine: Asian Chinese Thai
Ingredients: bell pepper Cashews Chicken Breast Cornstarch Garlic Green Onions Oyster Sauce Soy Sauce Vegetable Oil Wine