Cashew Chicken with Bell Peppers Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Cashew Chicken with Bell Peppers" recipe we have found so far.
Cashew Chicken with Bell Peppers
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless boneless chicken breast (or thigh), cut into 2/3-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinkiang vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 green onions,
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted cashews
- Combine chicken, Shaoxing wine, salt, and cornstarch in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well so the chicken is evenly coated with a thin slurry.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Spread the chicken with minimal overlapping. Let cook until the bottom side is light golden, 1 minute or so. Turn to the other side and cook until lightly golden. Stir a few times until all surfaces turn white. Transfer the chicken to a big plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, ginger, and green onion. Stir a few times to release the fragrance.
- Add the peppers. Stir and cook until the peppers just turn tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir the sauce again to dissolve the cornstarch completely. Pour into the pan. Quickly stir a few times until the sauce thickens. Return the chicken to the skillet and mix again.
- Add the cashews, quickly give it a stir and immediately transfer everything to a plate.
- Serve hot over steamed rice as a main dish.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.2g| Protein: 28.6g | Fat: 18.7g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 598mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 1.4g | Sugar: 5.7g | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2.2mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cashew Chicken