Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Chicken Dum Biryani" recipe we have found so far.
Chicken Dum Biryani
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Long grain basmati rice – 250 g
- Desi ghee ( butter ) – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 5 to 7
- Green cardamom – 5 pcs
- Black cardamom – 1 pc
- Black peppercorns – 5 to 7 pcs
- Cumin seeds – Half tsp
- Green coriander leaves – Few for garnishing
- Green chili – 1 pc
- Star anise – 3 pcs
- Cinnamon sticks – 2 pcs
- Water – 2 and half litres
- Chicken – 1 ( medium size, big pieces )
Ginger garlic paste – 1 small bowl ( 3 tbsp, including 1 tbsp salt in it.)
Chopped tomato – 1 pc
- Fried onion – 3 ( cut into slices and fry it in oil till golden brown )
- Kashmiri Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – Half tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Biryani masala powder – 3 tsp
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Saffron – 8 to 10 threads ( soak into small bowl of milk )
- Dough – Wheat flour – 25 g ( Add little water and make dough )
- Boil 2 jug ( 2 litre ) water into biryani pot.
- Add dry spices, salt, ghee and oil and boil it for few minutes.
- Add washed rice and stir it well.
- Allow the rice to cook till 60% on high flame.
- Cover the pan.
- open the lid and check the rice grain if it is half cooked.
- The rice is half boiled now.
- Now switch off the flame and drain water immediately.
- Use the same pan for cooking chicken.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add oil in it.
- Add dry spices and saute for few seconds.
- Add ginger garlic paste ( including 1 tbsp salt ), chopped tomato, chili and fried onion.
- Add dry masala powder and curd in it and mix it well.
- Add half jug water ( 1/2 litre ).
- Now add chicken pieces.
- At last, add biryani masala and mix it well and cook it till 20 minutes on high flame.
- After 20 minutes, chicken is almost cooked.
- Keep chicken curry into another bowl and use the same biryani pot for making biryani layers.
- For making layers, apply little oil into biryani pot.
- Make rice layer and put few chicken pieces on it.
- Again make a rice layer and put some fried onion, chicken pieces and spread gravy on it.
- At last, pour saffron milk on it to get saffron flavor and yellow colour.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Close the pot lid and seal pot with flour dough.
- Cook dum biryani for 15 minutes on low flame.
- After 15 minutes, now use roti pan or dhosa pan and cook biryani on it for 5 minutes on
- low flame.
- After 5 minutes, remove the dough layer.
- Finally chicken dum biryani is perfectly cooked. Enjoy the spicy chicken dum biryani.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe || घर पे बनाये चिकन दम बिरयानी || Non-Veg Biryani || DipasKitchen