Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Chicken Dum Biryani" recipe we have found so far.
Chicken Dum Biryani
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Long grain basmati rice – 250 g
- Desi ghee ( butter ) – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 5 to 7
- Green cardamom – 5 pcs
- Black cardamom – 1 pc
- Black peppercorns – 5 to 7 pcs
- Cumin seeds – Half tsp
- Green coriander leaves – Few for garnishing
- Green chili – 1 pc
- Star anise – 3 pcs
- Cinnamon sticks – 2 pcs
- Water – 2 and half litres
- Chicken – 1 ( medium size, big pieces )
Ginger garlic paste – 1 small bowl ( 3 tbsp, including 1 tbsp salt in it.)
Chopped tomato – 1 pc
- Fried onion – 3 ( cut into slices and fry it in oil till golden brown )
- Kashmiri Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – Half tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Biryani masala powder – 3 tsp
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Saffron – 8 to 10 threads ( soak into small bowl of milk )
- Dough – Wheat flour – 25 g ( Add little water and make dough )
- Boil 2 jug ( 2 litre ) water into biryani pot.
- Add dry spices, salt, ghee and oil and boil it for few minutes.
- Add washed rice and stir it well.
- Allow the rice to cook till 60% on high flame.
- Cover the pan.
- open the lid and check the rice grain if it is half cooked.
- The rice is half boiled now.
- Now switch off the flame and drain water immediately.
- Use the same pan for cooking chicken.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add oil in it.
- Add dry spices and saute for few seconds.
- Add ginger garlic paste ( including 1 tbsp salt ), chopped tomato, chili and fried onion.
- Add dry masala powder and curd in it and mix it well.
- Add half jug water ( 1/2 litre ).
- Now add chicken pieces.
- At last, add biryani masala and mix it well and cook it till 20 minutes on high flame.
- After 20 minutes, chicken is almost cooked.
- Keep chicken curry into another bowl and use the same biryani pot for making biryani layers.
- For making layers, apply little oil into biryani pot.
- Make rice layer and put few chicken pieces on it.
- Again make a rice layer and put some fried onion, chicken pieces and spread gravy on it.
- At last, pour saffron milk on it to get saffron flavor and yellow colour.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Close the pot lid and seal pot with flour dough.
- Cook dum biryani for 15 minutes on low flame.
- After 15 minutes, now use roti pan or dhosa pan and cook biryani on it for 5 minutes on
- low flame.
- After 5 minutes, remove the dough layer.
- Finally chicken dum biryani is perfectly cooked. Enjoy the spicy chicken dum biryani.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe || घर पे बनाये चिकन दम बिरयानी || Non-Veg Biryani || DipasKitchen