Grilled Chicken Tostadas Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Grilled Chicken Tostadas" recipe we have found so far.
Grilled Chicken Tostadas
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 2 red chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Woolworths Select Spanish mellow olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- ½ small iceberg lettuce
- 2 small truss tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 400g packet of 10 tortillas
- 300ml tub sour cream, to serve
1. Remove tenderloins from chicken and place on a tray. Cut chicken lengthways into 2cm-thick strips and add to tray.
2. Combine chillies and garlic in a mortar and pound with a pestle to a paste, stir in lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the oil, pour over chicken. Season and toss to coat.
3. Place onion and remaining oil in a bowl. Season. Cook onion on preheated barbecue grill, tossing with tongs until slightly charred. Meanwhile, shred the iceberg lettuce into a bowl. Halve and thinly slice the tomatoes into another bowl. Halve, seed and dice the avocado into another bowl.
4. Cook chicken on a preheated barbecue grill for 3-4 minutes, turning or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
5. Meanwhile, lightly toast tortilla on preheated barbecue flat plate until warmed through. Transfer to a tea towel lined plate, fold tea towel over tortilla to keep warm.
6. Serve grilled chicken with lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream and warmed tortillas.
Tip 1: To save time you can also use a 40g packet Fajita seasoning mix with 2 tablespoons oil instead of making your own marinade.
Tip 2: Tortillas can be torn and barbecued for quick crisps to serve with dip
Tip 3: Replace the chicken with two thickly sliced large eggplants for a vegetarian alternative.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Easy Mexican Recipe – Grilled Chicken Tostadas | Woolworths