Grilled Chicken Tostadas Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Grilled Chicken Tostadas" recipe we have found so far.
Grilled Chicken Tostadas
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 2 red chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Woolworths Select Spanish mellow olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- ½ small iceberg lettuce
- 2 small truss tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 400g packet of 10 tortillas
- 300ml tub sour cream, to serve
1. Remove tenderloins from chicken and place on a tray. Cut chicken lengthways into 2cm-thick strips and add to tray.
2. Combine chillies and garlic in a mortar and pound with a pestle to a paste, stir in lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the oil, pour over chicken. Season and toss to coat.
3. Place onion and remaining oil in a bowl. Season. Cook onion on preheated barbecue grill, tossing with tongs until slightly charred. Meanwhile, shred the iceberg lettuce into a bowl. Halve and thinly slice the tomatoes into another bowl. Halve, seed and dice the avocado into another bowl.
4. Cook chicken on a preheated barbecue grill for 3-4 minutes, turning or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
5. Meanwhile, lightly toast tortilla on preheated barbecue flat plate until warmed through. Transfer to a tea towel lined plate, fold tea towel over tortilla to keep warm.
6. Serve grilled chicken with lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream and warmed tortillas.
Tip 1: To save time you can also use a 40g packet Fajita seasoning mix with 2 tablespoons oil instead of making your own marinade.
Tip 2: Tortillas can be torn and barbecued for quick crisps to serve with dip
Tip 3: Replace the chicken with two thickly sliced large eggplants for a vegetarian alternative.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Easy Mexican Recipe – Grilled Chicken Tostadas | Woolworths