Chicken Little (Semi-Boneless Roast Game Hen) Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Chicken Little (Semi-Boneless Roast Game Hen)" recipe we have found so far.
Chicken Little (Semi-Boneless Roast Game Hen)
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Remove wings at the point they join the body. Make cuts on either side of the breastbone, angling the blade toward the bone. Continue making the cut deeper as you pull the breast meat away from the rib cage, on either side of the wishbone, and down to the pelvic bone. This is to detach the breast meat but keep it connected to the leg.
- Remove the thigh bone by cutting on either side of it with short cuts and severing the bone from the leg bone. Being careful not to cut through the chicken skin, cut the flesh around the top of the leg bone and remove that joint where the cartilage meets the bone. The only bone remaining will be the leg bone. Optionally, remove the ends of the legs where the cartilage meets the bone.
- Place garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and butter in the bowl of a mortar. Pound with the pestle until mashed and mixed.
- Generously season the inside of the chicken halves with salt and pepper. Spread half of the seasoned butter on the meat of each chicken half.
- Tuck breast into pocket of the thigh; shape each half into a base covered completely with skin and with the leg sticking straight up.
- Cut a length of foil as long as it is wide. Fold in half, then fold over the cut-edge side about an inch. Grease with a drizzle of olive oil. Repeat for the 2nd chicken. Place each chicken half in the center of prepared foil. Bring up the sides of the long ends of foil, about 1-inch up the base of the chicken; tighten slightly around the pieces to hold the bases in shape all the way around. Wrap the remaining lengths around the base in opposite directions.
- Transfer to a plate; cover with plastic and refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Transfer halves to a shallow roasting pan or ovenproof skillet. Brush with olive oil or melted butter; sprinkle with a pinch or 2 of salt.
- Place in preheated oven. Roast until golden for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. and carefully remove foil from around the base of each half, pouring any accumulated juices back in the pan. Transfer to oven and roast until bases are browned and internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F, about 10 more minutes.
- Transfer pan to stove and broth or (white wine) to deglaze pan. Place chicken on serving plates.
- Drizzle with pan sauce.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chicken Little (Semi-Boneless Roast Game Hen)