Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breast Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breast" recipe we have found so far.
Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breast
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Mix garlic, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, and thyme together in a bowl to make the “nut glue.”
- Season chicken breasts generously with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Spread nut glue all over the chicken. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Toss walnuts over the chicken, press down firmly, and repeat on the other side to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Coat the bottom of an oven-proof skillet with some olive oil. Place chicken breasts on top, reserving excess nuts if desired. Season with a pinch of salt and drizzle more olive oil on top.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until walnuts are lightly toasted and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast reads 150 degrees F (66 degrees C), about 25 minutes.
- Quickly remove chicken to a plate to rest. Transfer skillet to the stovetop; stir in broth, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, and honey and bring to a boil over high heat; cook until reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon pan sauce over and around the chicken to serve.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 54 %
Cholesterol: 22 %
Sodium: 21 %
Potassium: 11 %
Total Carbohydrates: 4 %
Dietary Fiber: 12 %
Protein: 61 %
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breast