Eggs in a Basket Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Eggs in a Basket" recipe we have found so far.
Eggs in a Basket
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using a small serrated knife, cut 6 holes (about 2 inches in diameter) into the top of the loaf. Insert the knife about three-quarters of the way into the bread, then work the knife around in a circle. Take care not to cut through to the bottom of the loaf. Use your fingers to remove the cylinders of bread, making sure there’s plenty of room for the eggs; discard the bread cutouts. (Note: A larger loaf can accommodate more holes for additional eggs.)
3. Crack an egg into each of the holes. Top each egg with 1 tablespoon half-and-half, then season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over each egg, if using.
4. Bake until the egg white is set but the yolk is still slightly jiggly, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut the loaf into four even pieces using a serrated knife. Serve immediately.
- 219 calories
- 7g fat
- 28g carbs
- 10g protein
- 1g sugars
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on PureWow