- extra virgin olive oil
- a few fresh chives
- 10 g smoked salmon , from sustainable sources
- 1 large free-range egg
- 80 g spinach
- 1 thick slice of seeded wholemeal bread , (50g)
- 1 heaped teaspoon cream cheese
- 1 lemon
- Lay a 40cm sheet of non-PVC clingfilm flat on a work surface and rub with a little oil.
- Finely chop a few fresh chives and sprinkle in the centre of the sheet, then slice and lay over the salmon and carefully crack the egg on top.
- Pull in the sides of the clingfilm and – very important – gently squeeze out any air around the egg. Twist, then tie a knot in the clingfilm to secure the egg snugly inside.
- Poach the parcel in a pan of simmering water for 6 to 7 minutes for soft-poached, or until cooked to your liking.
- Place a colander or bamboo steamer above the pan and wilt the spinach as the egg poaches.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread the cream cheese on it like butter.
- Squeeze any excess liquid out of the spinach, then spoon over the toast.
- Snip open the clingfilm parcel, unwrap the egg and place proudly on top. Serve with a wedge of lemon for squeezing over, then season and tuck in.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Calories: 272, 14%
Fat: 13.5g, 19%
Sugars: 2.7g, 3%
Salt: 1.2g, 20%
Protein: 16.5g, 33%
Carbs: 20.5g, 8%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Jamie Oliver Recipe
Ingredients: cream cheese egg fresh chives lemon Salmon spinach wholemeal bread