- 2 sheets of nori OR a pack of Nori sprinkles
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of GREEN jackfruit in WATER NOT BRINE
- 80g leeks, finely sliced
- Sunflower or rapeseed oil
- ¼-½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened plant milk (optional — use this if the mixture is too dry. If you can mould it you won’t need this)
- 50g gluten-free breadcrumbs
- If using nori sprinkles, jump to stage 4.
- Toast the nori in a dry frying pan on high heat until it starts to blacken and crumble.
- Put the nori into the chopper attachment of a hand blender or a food processor and grind into small flakes. Place it into a large bowl and set aside.
- Next, blend the jackfruit using a blender or food processor and grind into flakes but not so much that it becomes mush. Put this into the large bowl with the nori and set aside.
- Heat a little oil, fry the leeks on a low heat until soft. Add the chickpeas, salt and plant milk (if using) then blend until smooth.
- Add this mix to the jackfruit and nori and stir everything well.
- Roll the mixture out between two sheets of greaseproof paper and cut into 10 slices.
- Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Take one slice of the mixture and squeeze between your hands (this will hold them together more when cooking). Roll each slice in the breadcrumbs until they are lightly covered.
- Pour a thin layer of oil into a frying pan. Heat until very hot and fry the fishless fingers on each side until browned and crispy.
- Drain on kitchen roll to get rid of any excess oil and serve with avocado, sugar snap peas, capers and aioli (garlic mayo).