Fishless Fingers Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Fishless Fingers" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 sheets of nori OR a pack of Nori sprinkles
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of GREEN jackfruit in WATER NOT BRINE
- 80g leeks, finely sliced
- Sunflower or rapeseed oil
- ¼-½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened plant milk (optional — use this if the mixture is too dry. If you can mould it you won’t need this)
- 50g gluten-free breadcrumbs
- If using nori sprinkles, jump to stage 4.
- Toast the nori in a dry frying pan on high heat until it starts to blacken and crumble.
- Put the nori into the chopper attachment of a hand blender or a food processor and grind into small flakes. Place it into a large bowl and set aside.
- Next, blend the jackfruit using a blender or food processor and grind into flakes but not so much that it becomes mush. Put this into the large bowl with the nori and set aside.
- Heat a little oil, fry the leeks on a low heat until soft. Add the chickpeas, salt and plant milk (if using) then blend until smooth.
- Add this mix to the jackfruit and nori and stir everything well.
- Roll the mixture out between two sheets of greaseproof paper and cut into 10 slices.
- Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Take one slice of the mixture and squeeze between your hands (this will hold them together more when cooking). Roll each slice in the breadcrumbs until they are lightly covered.
- Pour a thin layer of oil into a frying pan. Heat until very hot and fry the fishless fingers on each side until browned and crispy.
- Drain on kitchen roll to get rid of any excess oil and serve with avocado, sugar snap peas, capers and aioli (garlic mayo).
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Fishless Fingers