Indian-Spiced Vegetable Cakes with Chickpeas Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Indian-Spiced Vegetable Cakes with Chickpeas" recipe we have found so far.
Indian-Spiced Vegetable Cakes with Chickpeas
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Mint Yogurt Sauce-
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain non-fat, or plain nondairy yogurt (soy, rice, coconut)
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, thinly sliced fresh
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 15 ounces chickpeas, (1 can), garbanzo beans
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup green peas, cooked
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper, ground (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, ghee or grape seed oil
Mint Yogurt Sauce-
In a small bowl combine yogurt, mint leaves, green onions, salt, and pepper. Taste and season as desired. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
In a food processor or blender, pulse chickpeas until a rough puree is formed, about 30 seconds scraping down as needed.
You do not want it to be completely smooth puree it should look mashed with some smaller pieces of beans. This will give the fritters some texture.
In a medium-sized bowl combine ground chickpeas, zucchini, carrots, peas, garlic, oat flour, flaxseed, turmeric, curry, salt, pepper and chili pepper.
Measure out 3 tablespoons of the mixture and form a ball with your hands, the mixture should stick together as you press together and form it.
Press down into a ½ -inch thick patty, about 2 ½ to 2 ¾ wide. This should yield 8 cakes. Place onto a sheet pan as you make each cake.
Heat a large saute or cast iron pan over medium heat.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil and allow to heat.
Add half of the cakes and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy on the surface.
If your pan is large enough, you can cook all 8 at the same time.
Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
If needed, add another 1 tablespoon of oil and allow to heat.
Cook the rest of the cakes as directed above.
Serve vegetable cakes immediately while still warm with mint yogurt sauce.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Indian-Spiced Vegetable Cakes with Chickpeas