Capsicum and Eggplant Roulade with Fried Capers Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Capsicum and Eggplant Roulade with Fried Capers" recipe we have found so far.
Capsicum and Eggplant Roulade with Fried Capers
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 3 large eggplants
- 2 large red capsicums
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (90g) good-quality black olives, pitted, chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Slice eggplant lengthways as thinly as possible. Spread on baking trays lined with paper towel, sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the capsicums on a baking tray and rub all over with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the skin blackens and blisters all over. Remove the capsicums from the oven, place in a plastic bag and allow to cool. This allows the capsicums to sweat, making them easier to peel once cool enough to handle. When peeling the capsicums, tear or cut them into strips and be sure to remove the seeds, core and any membrane. Once peeled, wipe the capsicum pieces dry with paper towel and set aside. Rinse the eggplant and pat dry with paper towel. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large frypan, and fry the eggplant slices, in batches, about 1 minute on each side or until golden, adding more oil as required. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- To make the roulade, lay sheets of plastic wrap onto a damp tea towel making a rectangle about 40cm wide and 60cm long. Lay the fried eggplant slices on top of the plastic, overlapping slightly, leaving a 5cm border from the edges of the plastic wrap. Place the capsicum in a line along the centre of the eggplant, sprinkle with the chopped herbs and olives, then season with salt and pepper. Using the plastic as a guide, roll the roulade into a tight cylinder, twisting the ends to ensure that it doesn’t come undone. Wrap the tea towel around the roulade and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until needed.
- Close to serving, heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, and fry capers for 1 minute or until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Cut the roulade into 12 slices through the plastic wrap – this will help it retain its shape, then remove the plastic. Serve the roulade sprinkled with a few of the fried capers and drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve with the lamb.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Capsicum and Eggplant Roulade with Fried Capers