Meatloaf Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Meatloaf" recipe we have found so far.
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient Tags: apple cider vinegar Black Pepper breadcrumbs celery chicken broth Eggs Ground Beef Kosher Salt maple syrup minced garlic minced yellow onion Olive Oil paprika parmesan cheese parsley Soy Sauce thyme Tomato Paste worcestershire sauce
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken broth, (120ml)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, (75g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (10g)
- 3/4 cup finely minced yellow onion, (115g)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery, (65g)
- 2 pounds ground beef, (908g) 85% lean ground beef
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, (58g) finely grated, about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, (25g)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, (3g)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce , (10ml)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, (7ml)
- 1 teaspoon paprika, (6g) sweet or smoked
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (7g)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, (79ml)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste, (52g)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, (15ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Set oven rack to the middle position, preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
In a medium-sized bowl whisk together eggs and chicken broth.
Add breadcrumbs and whisk to combine and allow to absorb all of the moisture.
Heat a medium-sized saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil, once hot add garlic then saute until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add onions and celery, saute until tender and the moisture is released and evaporated, 6 minutes.
Cool the vegetable mixture before adding to the meatloaf by transferring to a small plate and placing in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl add ground beef, breadcrumb mixture, cooked vegetables, Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, parsley, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Use hands to gently mix meatloaf ingredients until combined, about 1 minute, being careful not to overmix.
Transfer meatloaf mixture to a lightly greased 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan.
Press meatloaf into the bottom and sides of the pan, then use hands to make a smooth and slightly domed surface.
Bake in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 135 to 140ºF (57 to 60ºC), about 45 to 55 minutes.
Carefully remove meatloaf from the oven and carefully drain off excess juices from the bottom of the pan.
To make the glaze, preheat oven to 500ºF (260ºC).
In a small bowl whisk together glaze ingredients; maple syrup, 1/4 cup tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
Use a brush or spoon to spread an even layer of glaze on the top and sides of the meatloaf, bake for 3 minutes.
Brush a second layer of glaze, bake for 3 minutes.
Brush a third and final layer of glaze, bake until sauce is lightly browned and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes.
Allow meatloaf to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Once slightly cooled, cut the meatloaf into even sized slices.
Serve meatloaf with extra glaze on the side.
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Fat 27g 42%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Cholesterol 131mg 44%
Sodium 894mg 37%
Potassium 513mg 15%
Carbohydrates 17g 6%
Sugar 10g 11%
Protein 25g 50%
Vitamin A 430IU 9%
Vitamin C 2.8mg 3%
Calcium 144mg 14%
Iron 3.3mg 18%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Meatloaf