Mexican Quinoa Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Mexican Quinoa" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 small bell peppers, chopped (or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes, with all their juices
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped – plus more as a garnish
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 stalks of scallions, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- A handful of pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Heat oil in a 12-inch pan with a lid over medium heat. Add in the onion, peppers, cumin, and coriander. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the quinoa, black beans, corn kernels, tomatoes, and salt and pepper. Give it a large stir.
- Pour in the liquid, put the lid on, and bring it to a boil. Then turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20-23 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes or so and fluff with a fork. Right before serving stir in the fresh cilantro.
- Spoon the Mexican quinoa into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado, and scallions. Serve with wedges of lime.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.9g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.6g||14%|
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Fool Proof Living