Spiced Grit-Fried Chicken Cutlets Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Spiced Grit-Fried Chicken Cutlets" recipe we have found so far.
Spiced Grit-Fried Chicken Cutlets
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 c.all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp.baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 c. stone-ground grits
- 6 chicken breast cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 c. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tsp. lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 oz. feta, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, coriander, cardamom, turmeric, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together eggs and 1/4 cup water in a separate bowl. Place grits in a third bowl.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place a rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in 3 batches, coat chicken in flour, then egg (letting excess drip off), and then grits (pressing gently to help adhere). Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to prepared rack to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook, without stirring, until beans start to brown and blister, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking, tossing occasionally, until beans are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in onion, lemon zest and juice, parsley, and feta. Serve chicken alongside.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Countryliving