Miso-Braised Beef with King Mushrooms Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Miso-Braised Beef with King Mushrooms" recipe we have found so far.
Miso-Braised Beef with King Mushrooms
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Season beef with kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Heat peanut oil in a pan over high heat. Brown beef strips on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Turn off heat and transfer beef to a plate.
- Let pan cool slightly, 1 to 2 minutes; melt butter in residual heat. Turn heat to medium and add mushrooms, cut-side down. Cook until mushrooms are lightly brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip; continue to cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add onion and season with salt; cook until slightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in sake and deglaze the pan, scraping up browned bits using a wooden spoon. Stir in miso, maple syrup, ketchup, and chicken broth; bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Add browned beef, mushrooms, and their juices.
- Cover and let simmer over low to medium-low heat until meat is fork-tender, 2 to 3 hours, turning beef halfway through cooking time.
- Stir in vinegar, chiles, and green onions. Cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Taste and adjust seasonings.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Miso-Braised Beef with King Mushrooms