One-Skillet Hearty Chili and Cornbread Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "One-Skillet Hearty Chili and Cornbread" recipe we have found so far.
One-Skillet Hearty Chili and Cornbread
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient Tags: All-purpose Flour baking powder black beans brown sugar Butter Cayenne Pepper chili powder cocoa powder cornmeal dried oregano Egg Garlic Powder Ground Beef ground black pepper ground cumin ground paprika kidney beans Milk Onion onion powder Tomato sauce Vanilla Extract white sugar
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Preheat a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, rotating occasionally, until hot, 5 to 8 minutes. Add ground beef and onion; cook and stir until meat is browned and onion is soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease.
- Reduce heat to medium and add kidney beans, black beans, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, brown sugar, cumin, cocoa powder, salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and paprika. Bring to a simmer and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- While the chili is heating, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt for together in a small bowl. Mix in milk, egg, butter, and vanilla extract. Dollop cornbread mixture over top of chili.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cornbread is crisp and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on One-Skillet Hearty Chili and Cornbread