Firehouse Chili and Cornbread Casserole Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Firehouse Chili and Cornbread Casserole" recipe we have found so far.
Firehouse Chili and Cornbread Casserole
Recipe Yields: 10
Ingredient Tags: All-purpose Flour Cayenne Pepper chili powder cloves garlic corn muffin mix crushed tomatoes diced tomatoes Eggs fresh cilantro freshly ground black pepper Ground Beef ground cumin kidney beans Kosher Salt Milk Olive Oil oregano poblano pepper sour cream white Cheddar cheese yellow onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the Cornbread Crust:
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add onion, salt, and ground beef. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until meat is browned and crumbled into small pieces, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add poblano pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, cayenne, and oregano; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes. Measure water using the empty tomato cans and pour into the pot. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes before stirring in kidney beans. Continue simmering until bubbling and fragrant, about 30 minutes more. Taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place a deep 9×13-inch baking dish on a baking sheet. Transfer chili to the dish, being sure to leave at least 1 inch of space at the top. Stir to evenly distribute.
- Whisk corn muffin mix, 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese, eggs, and milk together in a bowl until smooth. Spoon evenly over chili until the surface is covered. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cornbread crust is browned and a toothpick inserted into the crust comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon or ladle into a dish and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Firehouse Chili and Cornbread Casserole