- 3 chicken breasts, organic recommended
- 1 6 oz. jar basil pesto
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Use a spoon to cover chicken with pesto.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese and 2 sliced tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Broil the chicken the final 2 minutes so that the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Store-bought pesto is great for when you are in a crunch, but making the real thing is SUPER SIMPLE and takes about 5 minutes. Check out my favorite pesto recipe HERE.
- Mozzarella should be purchased fresh. Pre-shredded versions are convenient but contain crazy stuff to prevent the cheese from sticking together.
- I always recommend purchasing organic meat, while the breasts tend to be smaller, I find that they cook more quickly and come out super tender. NOTE… if your chicken breasts are large (or even medium) sized, cook time may increase. To prevent this you can slice them horizontally to create 2 thinner pieces.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Simply Sissom