Pickled Beef Tongue Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Pickled Beef Tongue" recipe we have found so far.
Pickled Beef Tongue
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 Meats Beef tongue about 3 to 3½ lbs.
- ¼ of a large white onion for cooking with the meat
- 2 bay leaves for cooking with the meat
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ of a large white onion cut into slices
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots peeled and cut into slices (About 2 cups)
- 2 jalapeño peppers cut into rings
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried Mexican Oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried Marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried Thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- Salt to taste
Remove beef tongue from the package and rinse thoroughly. In a large pot, place the 4 garlic cloves, 2 bay leaves, and the ¼ of the onion. Cover with water and cook for about 1 hour and 45 minutes at the low temperature until the meat is cooked and tender, but still firm (since we’re going to cut it into slices). If cooking in a slow cooker, cook for 5 hours in the low setting, for an Instant Pot, cook for 20 minutes.
Allow the meat to cool, then place in your fridge for a couple of hours (cold meat is easier to cut). After this removed the skin and slice the tongue thinly. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, then add the carrots and cook for about 5 minutes. Depending on the thickness, you will have to adjust the cooking time. Make sure you do not overcook them; they still need to have some crispiness when you bite them.Pickled beef tongue cooking time
This step is a quick one. Add the sliced ¾ onion, peppers, garlic, bay leaves, herbs, and black peppercorns to the frying pan. Sautee the veggies and herbs for a couple of minutes over high heat. Pour the vinegar in and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the sliced meat, season with salt, and keep cooking for 5 more minutes. Remove immediately from the heat. Cover and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. Garnish with the parsley before serving.
- The jalapeño peppers are optional, so those that do not like things spicy can omit them (you can always offer this appetizer with a side of pickled jalapeños, for those that enjoy a little spiciness).
- This appetizer tastes better when prepared one day ahead.
Serving: 2oz | Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 78mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2585IU | Vitamin C: 6.5mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.2mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Pickled Beef Tongue Recipe