Sonora Beef Enchiladas Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Sonora Beef Enchiladas" recipe we have found so far.
Sonora Beef Enchiladas
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 lb. grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb. grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 – 32 oz. can of mild Las Palmas sauce
- 1 cup of Mazola corn oil
- 30 Guerrero flour tortillas (room temperature)
Step One: Cook hamburger
1. Cook hamburger in a large frying pan and drain excess fat.
2. Add crushed garlic, onions, salt, pepper and 1 cup of water.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes until onion is tender.
Step Two: Prepare your enchilada assembly line
1. Place following items next to each other on your counter, work area:
- Cookie sheet needs to be in the center.
- Pour Las Palmas sauce in large bowl.
- Pour hamburger into a large bowl.
- Combine cheeses in large bowl.
- Place casserole dishes at the end of the assembly line.
Step Three: Assemble enchiladas
1. Heat oil in large frying pan (oil is ready frying when oil bubbles around a wooden spoon).
2. With Tong #1, fry one tortilla in the hot oil. Flip once so it is fried briefly on both sides. Place on #1 cookie sheet.
3. With Tong #2, dip tortilla in Las Palmas sauce.
4. Remove from sauce and place on #2 cookie sheet.
5. Place about ⅓ cup of hamburger in the tortilla with a large spoon. Add about ¼ shredded cheese. Roll and place in casserole dish.
6. Once the casserole dish is full, cover with cheese and cover with tin foil.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Sonora Beef Enchiladas Recipe | Molé Mama